The primary purpose of your job description is to manage employees and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees. Overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Others: Interacts with other administrative staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stewards the philosophy/mission of PH Healthcare, which focuses on the overriding values of human dignity and respectful response to the needs of persons with life threatening/terminal and or chronic illnesses.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personal matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Maintains responsibility for agency personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of agency wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for the agency.
- Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets agency personnel information needs.
- Manages 401K sign ups and paperwork.
- Completes orientation of all new employees.
- Completes payroll paperwork for processing and changes of payroll as submitted.
- Checks new hire registry for professional staff.
- Checks references on all new employees.
- Orders all uniforms of new hires.
- Works with DON on making sure CPR is current on all staff.
- Works with Trak-1 on all new employees and volunteers for hiring process.
- Manages all ads for all positions in newspaper and computer.
- Manages insurance signups for all staff and changes sent to QBS.
- Processes I-9 paperwork on all new employees.
- Runs OIG monthly on all staff.
- Makes sure all car insurance is current and up to date.
- Checks license of all personnel to verify current nursing/social worker/CNA license.
- Processes paperwork on employees with injuries thru Workman’s Compensation and monitors as needed.
- Make sure all paperwork sent to QBS for new hires and termination paperwork is timely.
Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Must have, as a minimum, current experience in health related field management with at least three (3) years experience in the last five (5) years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound accounting techniques.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have patience, tact, professional character, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle patients, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting practices.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry, output, etc.
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systemic, neat, and legible manner
- Works in office areas as well as facilities when necessary.
- Moves intermittently during working hours
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with personnel, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset personnel, visitors, etc.
- Works beyond normal working hours when necessary including weekends and holidays.
- Is subject to call-back during emergency situations.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Communicates with department supervisors, staff, patients, families, third party payers, government agency representatives, etc.
* Please note every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.