In order to promote patient family-centered care in our communities, at Patriot Health Care, our mission is to provide our patients and their families the best care possible during any healthcare transition. Our unique program offers Physician Services, Palliative Care, and Hospice Care.
How Physician Services and Palliative Care works:
PHYSICIAN SERVICES is a home based primary care service. We bring the doctor’s office to you! You will receive all the same services you would expect from a standard physician practice but in the comfort of your own home. Services such as:
- Routine visits
- Acute care visits
- Post hospital stay visits
- Annual well care visits
- Chronic Care Management (CCM)
- Care plan oversight
- In home lab work & x-rays
- Orders for home health, therapy, etc.
- Referrals to specialist: Cardiology, Pain Management, etc.
Physician Services are billed through Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance companies.
In addition to in home Physician Services, you may qualify for PALLIATIVE CARE (Your provider will determine if you qualify for these services during your initial visit). Palliative Care includes all Physician Services with these added benefits:
- Increased visits
- Access to Social Worker
- Access to Chaplain Services
- Pain management
Palliative Care is billed through Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance companies.
If you or your loved one are facing a life-limiting illness, HOSPICE CARE may be the best healthcare option. Hospice Care focuses on comfort care and symptom management of terminally ill patients. Our goal is to ensure our patients are comfortable and that we treat the person rather than the disease to ensure the quality of life.
How Hospice works:
The hospice Team:
After admission, your care will be coordinated by a team member.
The Hospice Medical Director:
The Medical Director attends the hospice team meetings, gives guidance to the staff regarding the patient’s plan of care, and is available to the patients attending physician for consultation.
Primary Case Manager ( Nurse):
Your Nurse will coordinate and manage your care. He/She will visit once or twice a week for approximately 30 to 45 minutes each visit. They will give instructions on caring for the patient, medications, skincare, etc. The Nurse will be working with your doctor to manage pain and other symptoms.
Services provided by your nurses include but are not limited to:
- Regular Scheduled Visits
- On-Call 24/7
- Pain and Symptom Management.
- Coordination of Care.
- Skilled Assessments.
- Training of Families Inpatient Care.
- Physician services through the patient’s physician and/or hospice Medical Director.
- Direct patient care from nursing and home health aides.
- Medical Social Workers and Spiritual Counseling Provide services for both patients and families.
- Management of medication, equipment (hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.), and supplies related to the hospice diagnosis.
- Respite Care provides a short-term reprieve for caregivers by temporarily admitting patients into a healthcare facility.
- Bereavement services are offered to the family for 13 months after the patient’s passing.
- Volunteers provide assistance and companionship to patients and care-givers
- Hospice Care is generally covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance companies.
For more information about our services, please call 1.888.515.3007